3 Tips For Beating Low Self Esteem Immediately

Allow me to begin with a simple illustration of how 'low self esteem' feels like. An eight year old boy told his mother one day," Mummy, I've done studying Math. I think I'm not going to make it." The mother, obviously concerned with the statement said," Son, why are you saying this? You should be more positive about this test..." With a weary look on his face, the boy finally musters all his might and told the mother,"Ok Mummy. I'm positive about this test. I'm positive that I WILL fail the test!" Did you 'feel' the boy's low self esteem? Even if this illustration were too simplistic, the message was not: low self esteem is devastating. So here is 3 tips you can immediately apply to beat low self esteem. Tip 1: Pause, and think," How did I manage this successfully last time?" Low self esteem is an emotion. And it took place subconsciously. It is proven through extensive Psychological research such as in the field of Neuro Linguistic Programming, it is possible to control emotion by interrupting its pattern with conscious 'emotional-related' question, like Tip 1. It is good to know that subconscious mind respond to conscious mind, and for the question above, subconscious mind will search the database for previously successful experience. The outcome of it? It will evoke the same emotional response it used to have. In this case, it's confidence ("I've successfully handled this before."). Low self esteem beaten immediately. Tip 2: Drop whatever that you are doing It is likely that you will produce the same response of low self esteem if you continue with your current course of action. The better way to handle this, immediately, is to stop whatever you are doing and to take different action. For instance, if studying math lower your self esteem because you seem to make mistakes every step of the way then stop! Take a nap. Go out and take a brisk walk. Anything. As long as you don't just sit and crank your head try to figure out everything. Tip 3: Pay attention to your physic. 'What is your body tries to tell you?' I was provoked by one of my trainers during a session. She challenged me, "Grin from ear to ear, round up your eyes, jump up and down, and try to feel sad. Can you 'feel' it?" I have to confess that it was harder than trying to find a needle in a haystack. So, whenever you look down, your eyes glaze left and right looking for exit or you speak extra fast just to let everything out, pause. Raise your chin up. Look at the person in the eyes (don't stare though), ask question and respond to the question one at a time. Can you experience low self esteem if you did all these? These are three tips I personally use myself whenever I'm facing with situation that has the potential to push me to experience low self esteem. What I like the most about these tips is that, I'm in total control in using them. No outside apparatus or special condition needed before I begin using them. That's a big help because I can never tell when those situations will pay me a visit. 'Always be prepared.' Can you imagine having a surefire insurance against low self esteem which you have total control over it can do to your motivation, and performance, be it personal or business? What else can you achieve if you have higher self esteem? You can choose to use tips on how to have higher self esteem, and hide your low self confidence area until it becomes unbearable. Or you can beat low self esteem and raise your esteem level along the way. Which one works best for you? And if you want another 3 effective tips to immediately beat low self esteem, you can find it at: http://beatlowselfesteem.wordpress.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment